GKT Essay Subtest
You shouldn't have to be confused on how to write a passing essay. Use our resources to avoid the confusion and pass. We have several essay course options below!
Learn more and sign up below.
Your FTCE General Knowledge Essay Subtest Blueprint
- Determine the purpose of writing to task and audience.
- Provide a section that effectively introduces the topic.
- Formulate a relevant thesis or claim.
- Organize ideas and details effectively.
- Provide adequate, relevant support by citing ample textual evidence; response may also include anecdotal experience for added support.
- Use of a variety of transitional devices effectively throughout and within a written text.
- Demonstrate proficient use of college-level, standard written English (e.g., varied word choice, syntax, language conventions, semantics).
- Provide a concluding statement or section that follows from, or supports, the argument or information presented.
- Use a variety of sentence patterns effectively.
- Maintain consistent point of view.
- Apply the conventions of standard English (e.g., avoid inappropriate use of slang, jargon, clichés).
We've helped thousands of teachers around the country clear up the confusion on passing their exams. You're up next.
ATT Florida Teachers!
We've Got Your Back From Start to Finish. Bundle and Save Big.
Sign up for the VIP Bundle to get all General Knowledge (GK), Subject Area Exams (SAE), and Professional Education (ProEd) courses.
General Knowledge Test
We've helped thousands of teachers around the state clear up the confusion pass their GK. You're up next.
Pick the subtest you need help with OR choose our GK Bundle option to save money and get everything you need.