Praxis Test Prep
Praxis Monthly Subscription
Please see all of the current boot camps that are included at the moment of enrollment.
Praxis Test Test Overview
The exam consists of subject-specific and general content areas to comprehensively assess an applicant’s skills and proficiency.
Praxis exams quick facts
Prospective teachers seeking state licensure.
Multiple-choice questions and constructed-response items depending on the specific test.
Core tests: $90 per test and $150 for the combined exam
Subject Assessment $50 to $180 per subject
One to 4 hours, depending on the test
The Learning Liaisons provides simulated practice exams, targeted learning resources, and expert guidance to help you prepare and have confidence on exam day.
Acquire the knowledge and strategies you need to pass the Praxis Test and advance your teaching career.
Why Choose The Learning Liaisons for Your Praxis Test Preparation?
Get an exceptional learning experience that sets you up for success.
Here’s what you get with The Learning Liaisons:
- Award-winning educators in our boot camps- Experience top-notch instruction from our team of the very best in the field.
- We've walked in your shoes- We know how frustrating it can be to prepare because we’ve been there ourselves.
- We teach you how to pass the test via strategy- How to actually study & content review giving you comprehensive Praxis test preparation.
- You join a private customer-only group for Q&A with your course instructors- Get personalized support and connect with fellow learners.
Components of the Praxis Exam
- Praxis Core tests
- Praxis Subject Assessments
- Principles of Learning and Teaching
|Praxis Core||Evaluate foundational academic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics.||Multiple-choice questions, essays, and numeric entry questions.|
|Praxis Subject Assessment||Evaluate content-specific expertise and teaching skills related to the subject area.||Multiple-choice and constructed-response questions|
|Principles of Learning and Teaching||Assess pedagogical knowledge and application of instructional strategies across various developmental levels.||Multiple-choice and constructed-response questions|
Praxis Exam Subjects
Important Notice: The list of Praxis Exam Subjects provided here reflects the full catalog of exams administered by the official testing company. Please be aware that The Learning Liaisons (TLL) does not currently offer test prep courses for every subject exam listed. We encourage you to review our available course offerings to ensure that we provide preparatory materials for the specific Praxis Exam Subject you are seeking. For the most accurate and up-to-date information on TLL's test prep courses, please see above or contact our support team.
- Algebra 1
- Agriculture (5701)
- Art: Content and Analysis (5135)
- Art: Content Knowledge (5134)
- Audiology (5342)
- Audiology (5343)
- Biology: Content Knowledge (5235)
- Braille Proficiency (0633)
- Business Education (5101)
- Chemistry: Content Knowledge (5245)
- Chinese (Mandarin): World Language (5665)
- Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087)
- Communication and Literacy (5753)
- Communication and Literacy: Reading (5714)
- Communication and Literacy: Writing (5724)
- Computer Science (5652)
- Early Childhood Assessment (5026)
- Early Childhood: Reading and Language Arts & Social Studies (5027)
- Early Childhood: Mathematics and Science (5028)
- Early Childhood Education (5025)
- Earth and Space Sciences: Content Knowledge (5571)
- Economics (5911)
- Education of Young Children (5024)
- Educational Leadership: Administration and Supervision (ELAS) (5412)
- Elementary Education Assessment (5006)
- Elementary Education Assessment: Reading and Language Arts & Social Studies (5007)
- Elementary Education Assessment: Mathematics and Science (5008)
- Elementary Education: Content Knowledge (5018)
- Elementary Education: Content Knowledge for Teaching (7811)
- Elementary Education: Reading and Language Arts-CKT (7812)
- Elementary Education: Mathematics-CKT (7813)
- Elementary Education: Science-CKT (7814)
- Elementary Education: Social Studies-CKT (7815)
- Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (5017)
- English Language Arts: Content and Analysis (5039 )
- English Language Arts: Content Knowledge (5038)
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (5362)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (5122)
- French: World Language (5174)
- Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511)
- General Science: Content Knowledge (5435)
- Geography (5921)
- Geometry (5163)
- German: World Language (5183)
- Gifted Education (5358)
- Government/Political Science (5931)
- Health and Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5857)
- Health Education (5551)
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023)
- Japanese: World Language (5661)
- Journalism (5224)
- Latin (5601)
- Library Media Specialist (5311)
- Marketing Education (5561)
- Mathematics (5165)
- Mathematics: Content Knowledge (5161)
- Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146)
- Middle School English Language Arts (5047)
- Middle School Mathematics (5164)
- Middle School Mathematics (5169)
- Middle School Science (5440)
- Middle School Science (5442)
- Middle School Social Studies (5089)
- Music: Content and Instruction (5114)
- Music: Content Knowledge (5113)
- Music: Instrumental and General Knowledge (5115)
- Music: Vocal and General Knowledge (5116)
- PA Grades 4-8 Core Assessment (5152)
- PA Grades 4-8 Core Assessment: Pedagogy (5153)
- PA Grades 4-8 Core Assessment: English Language Arts and Social Studies(515 4)
- PA Grades 4-8 Core Assessment: Mathematics and Science. (5155)
- PA Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: English Language Arts (5156)
- PA Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Social Studies (5157)
- PA Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics (5158)
- PA Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Science (5159)
- Physical Education: Content and Design (5095)
- Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)
- Physical Science (5485)
- Physics: Content Knowledge (5265)
- Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Early Childhood (5621)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 (5622)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 5-9 (5623)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: PreK-12 (5625)
- Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades 7-12 (5624)
- Professional School Counselor (5421)
- Psychology (5391)
- Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE): Elementary and Special Education (5306)
- Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE): Reading Specialist (5304)
- Reading Specialist (5301)
- Reading Specialist (5302)
- School Psychologist (5402)
- Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086)
- Social Studies: Content Knowledge (5081)
- Sociology (5952)
- Spanish: World Language (5195)
- Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354)
- Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543)
- Special Education: Core Knowledge and Severe to Profound Applications (5545)
- Special Education: Education of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (5272)
- Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691)
- Special Education: Teaching Speech to Students with Language Impairments (5881)
- Special Education: Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities (5383)
- Special Education: Teaching Students with Intellectual Disabilities (5322)
- Special Education: Teaching Students with Visual Impairments (5282)
- Speech Communication: Content Knowledge (5221)
- Speech-Language Pathology (5331)
- Teaching Reading (5204)
- Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203)
- Teaching Reading: Elementary (5205)
- Teaching Reading: K-12 (5206)
- Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders/Emotional Disturbances (5372)
- Technology Education (5051)
- Theatre (5641)
- World and U.S. History: Content Knowledge (5941)
- World Languages Pedagogy (5841)
Praxis Exams By Grade Level and Age
|Early Childhood||Elementary||Middle School||High School||All Levels|
|Early Childhood Education (5015)||Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001)||Middle School: Mathematics (5203)||Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades (5002)||Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543)|
|Curriculum Instruction and Assessment (5025)||Middle School: Science (5245)||Mathematics: Content Knowledge (5169)||Special Education: Core Knowledge and Severe to Profound Applications (5541)|
|Multiple Subjects with Mathematics Subtest (5031)||Social Studies (5435)||Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5440)||Special Education: Core Knowledge and Severe to Profound Applications with a Passing Score on a Content Test (5561)|
|Multiple Subjects with Science and Social Studies Subtests (5033)||Mathematics: Content Knowledge (5169)||Mathematics: Content Knowledge (5161)||Reading Specialist (5081)|
|Principles of Learning and Teaching (5113)||Principles of Learning and Teaching (5003)||Principles of Learning and Teaching (5004)|
Subscribe NOW for Unlimited Access
Praxis Test Prep Praxis Courses - Included With Your Monthly Subscription
Success Stories: The Learning Liaisons and Praxis Test
Here’s what educators who succeeded in passing the Praxis Test and advancing their teaching careers have today about The Learning Liaisons' resources.
“When first starting my path towards certification, I was trying to find resources to help me pass the exams. Shortly after, I found Learning Liaisons and it was the one true path to passing ALL of the exams I needed. No other "study guides" gave me the practice and visual learning I needed. When I tell you, math was not my strongest... it truly wasn't. Learning Liaisons gave me the confidence and practice I needed to pass all the exams. Thank you LL! I wouldn't have passed all my exams if it wasn't for you guys and all the support!”
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should you study for the Praxis Test?
We recommend a study period of 4-6 weeks. Allocate time each day to review the exam content, take practice tests, and identify areas where you need additional study.
Passing Rate of Praxis Test
According to the National Council on Teacher Quality, the average passing rate for the Praxis Test is 89.6%. The numbers vary, however, across the states.
Even though the passing rates look high, the exam is still challenging. You must prepare adequately to be among the successful teachers.
When can you retake Praxis?
If you don't pass the Praxis Test, you can retake it after 28 days. You can review the ETS website to understand the retake policy or other requirements for retaking.
What’s the best way to prepare for Praxis?
Develop a study plan that involves reviewing study materials, taking practice tests, and focusing on your weak areas.
We help you prepare for your Praxis test with dedicated resources and give you access to our community of educators for expert tips on taking the Praxis exams successfully.